How to Join - Senior Members
To open an account at Magherafelt & District No. 3 Credit Union Limited we need a completed Joining Card (ask at the counter for these) and also TWO forms of identification*
- One item from LIST A - Photographic I.D (to confirm who you are) AND
- One item from LIST B - (to confirm your address)
- Current Passport
- Current photo card driving license
- Electoral identity card
- Firearms certificate
- National identity card (Non UK Nationals)
In exceptional circumstances where the above could not be reasonably expected the following may be considered for verification of Name and Date of Birth
- Residence permit issued by the Home Office
- Instrument of court appointment (such as liquidator, or grant of probate)
- Identification verification (in writing, signed on headed paper) from a reputable 3rd party; i.e. Employer, Solicitor, Teacher, Minister, or Civil Servant
- Current utility bill - must be dated within the last 3 months e.g. telephone (including mobile) Electric, Gas, TV
- Current account statement - must be dated within the last 3 months e.g. Bank, Building Society, Credit Card Company
- Government issued documentation i.e. HM Revenue/Dept. of Work & Pensions
- Local authority document e.g. refuge collection bill, council tax or rates bill
- Letter from a recognised school or college - for students only
In exceptional circumstances where the above could not be reasonably expected the following may be considered for verification of Address
- Address verification (in writing, signed and on headed paper) from a reputable 3rd party i.e. Employer, Landlord, Solicitor, Teacher, Minister, Probation Officer or Civil Servant.
*Please note that the same form of identification CAN NOT be used for both categories.
** Your home address or work address must fall within Magherafelt & District No. 3 Credit Union Ltd Common Bond Area
How to Join - Junior Members
Junior accounts are available for children up to the age of 16.
To open a Junior account with Magherafelt & District No. 3 Credit Union Limited, only the Parent/Guardian of the child can sign the application form.
To open a junior account we need a completed Joining Card (ask at the counter for these) and identification must be provided as follows:
- Current Passport for the Junior, or
- Birth Certificate for the Junior
If you want to start your membership journey right now or if you are unsure about your member application and need more information, please fill and submit the form below and we'll contact you as soon as possible to continue the process.
Nominations allow you to inform Magherafelt & District No. 3 Credit Union Limited of your wishes and who will receive your shares in the event of your death.
When joining Magherafelt & District No.3 Credit Union Limited, you will be asked to nominate a beneficiary on your joining card. The person you nominate will benefit from your shares at the time of death. It is therefore important that you ensure your nominations are kept up to date and amended as your status changes. When a member gets married, they should remember to change their nomination to their husband/wife as it does not automatically change.